Very few things leave me speechless. This message from Brad Magrath, sent to the whole company on my first year anniversary as Managing Director of Zoona Zambia just left me speechless (and of course in tears for those that know me 😀 ). Brad is one of the Founders and currently Chief Commercial Officer of the Zoona Group and I report to him. I humbled and grateful. Oh and the ‘letter’ he is referring to in the first sentence is the monthly regional hub newsletter we just launched today by coincidence 😉 :
- Trust – To anyone who reports to or works with Lelemba you can always trust her and that is so important in business and life
- Aspiration – Lelemba has been brave enough and honest enough to share her story and journey and that has through its merit seen her become a leader and role model to both our office and others – my daughter even has her as one of her 5 most respected leaders she aspires to be like, as do many young women who will be inspired by her as a role model
- Fairness – The very first time Lelemba took on the Magrath brothers was in an instance where she felt we were not being fair to someone. She absolutely stood her ground that day and has done so everyday since. Importantly, that fairness is never weakness – just fairness on both sides – you can count on her for that no matter what the circumstances
- Performance – whether it is called “military style” or execution, Lelemba makes sure the magic happens and that substance is hugely critical to a business like ours
- Diva – to be able to reach for the stars and yet still be so grounded takes a special person and team – I sometimes wonder if Lele stays grounded by having those stiletto heels so sharp that they are stuck in the African gravel
- Family – Having spent time with Sandras and the kids, and how Lelemba “speaks Zoona Famliy” – in her mails and letters – family is at the heart of how she sees the world – and that works for me.